*CLOSED* Call for Nominees: Join Our Board of Directors
The Credit Union Experience
We are currently seeking candidates to fulfill four (4) volunteer Board of Directors positions. Our Board of Directors is very important at FFCCU because they help advance our member-owned cooperative by establishing and reviewing policies.
We are all about members helping members – it’s at the core of how we approach customer service and our business decisions.
Did you know credit unions are member-owned cooperatives and are democratically controlled by their members, operate to serve people and not profits?
We are passionate about our commitment to the credit union philosophy.
Our mission is to encourage thrift among our members, create a credit source at a fair and reasonable rate of interest, provide an opportunity for our members to improve their economic and social conditions, and exercise the powers designated for credit unions under applicable law.
Are you ready to take the next step from and go from being a member of serving on our Board?
- Ability to listen, analyze, think clearly and creatively, and work with individuals and groups.
- Willingness to prepare for and participate in board and committee meetings, ask relevant questions, take responsibility.
- Follow through on given assignments, open doors in the community, and conduct self-evaluation.
- Commitment to cultivate and recruit directors and other volunteers, read and understand financial statements, and learn more about the credit union’s strategic challenges.
- Demonstrate honesty, sensitivity, tolerance of differing views, a friendly/responsive/patient approach, networking skills.
- Uphold personal integrity, a sense of values, and genuine concern for the credit union’s development and success.
Posted In: Board of Directors, FFCCU News and Info, Spark-Worthy