Ignite My Future Scholarship
Are you a Club Ignite member with a passion for supporting the community? You may be eligible for the Ignite My Future Scholarship, available exclusively for Club Ignite members. Each year, FFCCU will award three (3) $500 scholarships to deserving high-school students.
-John & Cindi
-Tracy M. H.
-Alice & James D.
Rules and Eligibility Information
- Applicants in grade 12 must be planning to enroll in a full-time undergraduate course of study at an accredited two- or four-year college or university, or accredited trade or vocational school.
- Students in grades 9-11 must be planning to attend a tuition-based high-school or taking courses for college credit, with out of pocket tuition expenses, in the upcoming fall semester.
- The scholarship money is applied to the upcoming fall semester tuition.
- ALL requested information must be received for application to be considered.
- Scholarship funds will be made payable to the institution specified by the winners.
- Scholarship winners must agree to allow their name and information to be published by the credit union for promotional purposes.
- This is not a one-time scholarship. However, applicants must complete a new application to be considered for each academic year
Additional Info to Know
FCCU employees and board members, and their immediate family members (siblings, parents/guardians or grandparents, or any family members living in the same household) are not eligible.
The selection committee, comprised of FFCCU Board Members and Teammates, will individually evaluate each application without identifying information. Applicants will be considering community involvement, essay, and cumulative GPA. The selection committee will not review any additional information given. FFCCU will complete a scoring sheet for each application by each selection committee member. The highest scoring applicants will move to a final round where FFCCU judge panels will determine the winners.
Please follow the submission instructions outlined on the application webpage, available 12/1/23. Applicants must submit electronically. FFCCU will not consider applications delivered in person. If you do not follow directions thoroughly, your application will not be considered. The complete application must include all the required supplements. Students must submit their applications no later than January 31, 2024.
FFCCU will notify only winners of the Ignite My Future Scholarship. Checks will be made payable to the educational institution that the applicant has chosen to attend and mailed directly to that institution. Firefighters Community Credit Union asks that each recipient allow the credit union to use their name and photograph in promotional materials and press releases.