Ignite My Future Scholarship
Are you a Club Ignite member with a passion for supporting the community? You may be eligible for the Ignite My Future Scholarship, available exclusively for Club Ignite members. Each year, FFCCU will award three (3) $500 scholarships to deserving high-school students. Applications for the 2023 Ignite My Future Scholarship will be available November 1, 2022.
Apply Here for the 2023 Ignite My Future Scholarship
Who You Are:
- A member of Club Ignite (If you are not currently a Club Ignite member, all you need to do is open a savings account with a minimum balance of $5 to join. This also grants you a membership to our credit union, so you can enjoy all the other benefits that Club Ignite members receive, like getting our quarterly newsletter, being eligible for the Club Ignite debit card, and so much more!)
What You’ll Need:
- A cumulative high school grade point average of 3.0 or above
- Demonstrated community involvement through volunteer activities
- Submission of an application, including a 400-600-word essay on how and why you give back to your community
- Applicants in grade 12 must be planning to enroll in a full-time undergraduate course of study at an accredited two- or four-year college or university, or accredited trade or vocational school. Students in grades 9-11 must be planning to attend a tuition-based high-school or taking courses for college credit, with out of pocket tuition expenses, in the fall of 2023.
- The scholarship money is applied to fall (2023) tuition.
- All requested information must be received for application to be considered.
- Scholarship funds will be made payable to the institution specified by the winners.
- Scholarship winners must agree to allow their name and information to be published by the credit union for promotional purposes.
- This is not a one-time scholarship. However, applicants must complete a new application to be considered for each academic year
FCCU employees and board members, and their immediate family members (siblings, parents/guardians or grandparents, or any family members living in the same household) are not eligible.
The selection committee, comprised of FFCCU Board Members and Teammates, will individually evaluate each application without identifying information. Applicants will be considering community involvement, essay, and cumulative GPA. The selection committee will not review any additional information given. FFCCU will complete a scoring sheet for each application by each selection committee member. The highest scoring applicants will move to a final round where FFCCU judge panels will determine the winners.
Please follow the submission instructions outlined on the application webpage, available 11/1/22. Applicants must submit electronically. FFCCU will not consider applications delivered in person. If you do not follow directions thoroughly, your application will not be considered. The complete application must include all the required supplements. Students must submit their applications no later than January 31, 2023.
FFCCU will notify only winners of the Ignite My Future Scholarship (2023 date TBD). Checks will be made payable to the educational institution that the applicant has chosen to attend and mailed directly to that institution (2023 date TBD). Firefighters Community Credit Union asks that each recipient allow the credit union to use their name and photograph in promotional materials and press releases.
For additional questions please contact Alyssa Garcia Evanoff, Chief Marketing Officer, at email@example.com