Call For Nominees
Submissions are due Monday, November 9, 2020 at 4pm EST.
Board of Directors Candidates:
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must currently be, and have been, a member in good standing for a minimum of 12 months prior to the application deadline.
- Normally requires a three-year term.
- Minimum availability of five hours per month including attendance at all board and committee meetings. Board meetings are conducted once per month on Thursday mornings.
- Review agenda and supporting materials before board and committee meetings and come prepared with questions/comments/suggestions to discuss.
- Attend educational training as required.
- Be informed about the credit union’s mission, services, policies and programs.
- Keep up-to-date on developments in the financial services field.
- Serve on committees and offer to take on special assignments.
- Suggest future nominees who can make significant contributions to the work of the board and credit union.
- Adhere to conflict of interest, confidentiality and all credit union policies.
- Serve as a credit union ambassador in the community and financial industry.
- Relatives of FFCCU teammates are ineligible to serve on the Board of Directors.
- Ability to listen, analyze, think clearly and creatively, and work well with individuals and groups.
- Willingness to prepare for and participate in board and committee meetings, ask relevant questions, take
responsibility and follow through on a given assignment, open doors in the community, and conduct
- Willingness to cultivate and recruit directors and other volunteers, read and understand financial statements, and
learn more about the strategic challenges facing the credit union.
- Demonstrate honesty, sensitivity, tolerance of differing views, a friendly/responsive/patient approach, networking
skills, personal integrity, a sense of values, and genuine concern for the credit union’s development and success.
For a printable application click here.