Who can open an account? YOU CAN!
Firefighters Community Credit Union is open to EVERYONE who lives, works, worships or attends school in Cuyahoga or Lake Counties. We are very excited to bring Credit Union benefits to consumers in our community. Invite your friends, family, neighbors and coworkers to join you at FFCCU!
Now You Can Open Your Account Online!
FFCCU Membership eligibility also includes:
Remember, when you open an account at FFCCU, your membership lasts a lifetime!
- EVERYONE who lives, works, worships or attends school in Cuyahoga or Lake Counties.
- Employees of our Select Employer Groups. To learn more about becoming a SEG and offering FFCCU membership to your employees, check out our SEG FAQs.
- All active and retired employees of organized Fire Departments and Safety Departments in Cuyahoga, Lorain, Medina, Summit, Geauga, Lake and Portage counties; and the Fire Alarm Signal Division, Airport Fire Department and Union Local #93.
- Employees of Firefighters Community Credit Union.
- Everyone related to a current member by blood, adoption or marriage is eligible to join FFCCU, regardless of residence. Eligibility also extends to unrelated persons who share a residence with a current member.
How do I open an account?
To open an account with Firefighters Community Credit Union, you must complete an application and open a savings account with a deposit of at least $5, which remains in your account. This deposit represents your "share" of ownership in FFCCU and provides access to all of our products and services.
To open a Savings Account at FFCCU:
- Click here to open your account online now!
- Visit any one of our locations.
- Print, complete and mail in our account application.
- Provide two forms of identification - one of those being a current, valid driver's license, state ID or passport; and the other being a birth certificate, social security card or student ID.
- You can also call any one of our locations to request an application. We’ll send you everything you need to open an account, including a postage-paid envelope! (Forms not signed in a FFCCU office must be notarized).
Once you’ve opened a Savings Account, you can then apply
for a Checking Account with an ATM/VISA Check/Debit Card
. Ask us for details.